Welcome to my Blog....a little piece of my crazy world!

My name is Alicia Giess and I am thrilled to be able to share a little part of my life with you, i.e. my passions such as my family and friends, my faith and my scrapbooking hobby.

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me with a wonderful, loving husband and four beautiful children. I love my life and am so thankful for how much I have been blessed.

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Basic Grey...the first project entry!




I took a trip to Hobby Lobby this week and tried to find something fun to alter. Since I love the new Basic Grey Oxford collection, I wanted to do a school-themed project. I found this $2.99 chalkboard and decided to play with it. This little chalkboard project turned out rather cute, don't you think? Carmen has her first "man" teacher this year and she wanted to give him a gift, so she took this in to him on Friday. He is using it for a decoration in his room, and Carmen feels special now too. So...I created my first Basic Grey project for the Design Team call, I made a teacher a nice gift for his room, and I even managed to make Carmen feel rather special. Mission accomplished! :)




3 comments:

  1. Oh Alicia, you and Basic Grey are such a good fit and your work work with their product is spectacular! You are a shoe in already I'm sure! Love your work!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm blown away by your creativity on this one, Alicia (and the fact that you packed so much punch into the impact of the project as a gift too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Alicia! I love how you have used these papers and what a great project!

    ReplyDelete