Welcome to my Blog....a little piece of my crazy world!

My name is Alicia Giess and I am thrilled to be able to share a little part of my life with you, i.e. my passions such as my family and friends, my faith and my scrapbooking hobby.

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me with a wonderful, loving husband and four beautiful children. I love my life and am so thankful for how much I have been blessed.

Monday, May 9, 2011

Thy word have I hid in mine heart...







that I might not sin against thee! Every year, my kids compete in the Christian Schools of Ohio Bible Memory contest. They give up hours of "free" time to study God's word and to memorize scripture. I have always said that even if they come in last place, they have not "lost" because they have memorized God's Word. Some parents think I go too overboard by pushing my kids and my kids even hear comments from their friends/family about their Mom making them do this, but I am very passionate about the way I push my kids to learn their Bible. If you look at the eternal picture, I am sure that the hours my kids have given up playing Playstation, or riding their bikes, or watching Disney channel while they were memorizing Bible verses will not matter at all when we step foot on Heaven's streets. On the contrary, when my kids are older and they are on their own and they have daily decisions to make in their walk with Christ, I am rather sure that these "verses" will come back to them and that God's Word will not return void. That's why I am passionate about pushing my kids to do Bible Memory every year. I am happy to report that 2011's CSO contests are over. Candace came in first place in Cleveland for the Jr. High level (she memorized 239 verses). Chase fought a tough battle with a Sr. from Cleveland and went over 1 hours and 45 minutes quoting verses, and came in 2nd place. I was so proud of him. Cara and Carmen both just finished their elementary CSO competitions and came in first place for their grade level. I am a proud Mom!










No comments:

Post a Comment